Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally...an update

Well I really never thought I would be doing this...blogging that is. Kristi is certainly an eager beaver and she inspires me to be better at keeping in touch.

We have made it to Winnipeg.... I digress and should maybe rewind for a moment to give the Coles notes version to catch up. Richard rec'd a posting message to Winnipeg in March of this year and we had a feeling that this was going to happen so we had busily prepared the house and were ready to put it on the market as soon as we received the official notification. We really did not think it was going to be difficult to sell our home and had been actively looking at the MLS system for houses in Winnipeg since February. Houses here typically sell in 7-10 days (NUTS) and so we saw a lot of houses come and go. In the meantime it took us almost 6 months to the day to finally sell our home in Greenwood after many frustrations and price reductions! HA!HA! For anyone that did the math, yes were pushing into September and Richard had to come regardless of whether we had sold the house, and I needed to enroll Alex in school so I was very relieved when we signed the final offer paperwork. After a whirlwind househunting trip and a few days to get packed and loaded we were on our way.








And so here we are. We have a lovely home and are very happy with it.

Totally surrounded by chaos at the moment with boxes everywhere and an 11 month old that thinks he has hit the jackpot of excitement with a new experience just waiting around every corner. I on the other hand am not enjoying that part quite so much. HA!HA!


Alex is in a wonderful school and loves it. He has been adjusting easily and would never know he missed 2 1/2 weeks at the beginning.


Kristin is looking forward to having some new friends and is happily at home with me, helping with Nathan and all kinds of other fun things. She is going to really miss Tucker!



Richard has been very busy with work but I feel blessed to have had him at home on the days when I really needed him like the unload and unpack. I know it is supposed to be easier when a moving company does it for you but let me tell you the unpack is much more fun when you can tackle it one box at a time insteda of having everything out and surrounding you. There was honestly more than 1 moment when I was standing in the kitchen without a clue which direction or pile I should tackle next and wanting to run away. HA!HA!


My intent on blogging is to be able to have all of my friends and loved ones be able to see what is happening here on our adventure in the praries and hopefully help to close the distance. Thanks for tuning in and from now on I will try to not be so wordy. HA!HA!














5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenh1969 said...

Hi Tanya and crew- so happy to receive this- it makes me feel a few km closer to you- hugs to all, Jen and crew

Kristi Drennan said...

Welcome cousin! I wish I could have come and helped you! I can't believe we just missed eachother! Bummer! Your house looks awesome...where are you guys at?

Danny said...

Thank you for this wonderful update. We miss your family so much. Sister Kinner your letter to the primary was read in sacrament today. Many Tears !!!! Brother Kinner we are going to see the mooseheads in November. You will be truly missed. Please update the blog often . Pictures of the inside. when all is unpacked haha. Take care. Love always. The Muise Family.

Rubyscarab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.